7/26/2009

Dead by Sunrise


"Dead by Sunrise" is the side project of Chester Bennington from Linkin Park, Amir Derakh and Ryan
Shuck and their band Julien-K.
Their first record -titled "Out of Ashes"- is going to be released in September 2009.

The album is said to be more different than the sound Bennington is doing with Linkin Park and it'll have a lot influences from '90s and '80s rock, pop like The Cure, Depeche Mode or Bauhaus.
Chester said in an interview about the difference between "Dead by Sunrise" and Linkin Park:

"It’s hard to describe. Like, describe the difference between Soundgarden and Alice in Chains, you know what I mean? It’s almost impossible. There are obvious things about it that when you listen to it, you’ll know it’s not a Linkin Park record. You’re not gonna get confused. You’ll have to hear it."

He also said about "Dead by Sunrise" and how he came up with the name:

"I came up with the name after experiencing many days where I thought I was not going to live to the next day. I was definitely going through a very rough time in my life during certain phases of making this record. One [phase] was in the beginning process of making this record, being divorced. My band was on hiatus and fighting with the record company ... in 2005, 2006 ... and around that period I was drinking whiskey like ... it was ridiculous. I literally was not leaving my house, I locked myself in my closet, suffered from delirium tremors, on a daily basis; I thought I was really going to die. I was gray and sickly looking, on the verge of turning yellow, and my liver was swollen. It was horrible. And then I got remarried and figured out that that was not the way to live. And at the same time while going through all of that, I was also experiencing new, beautiful things ¡X a great, healthy relationship in a loving environment, rediscovering my band mates through sobriety, and finding out who I really am through all of that, too. So there's a very dark element to the record, a very personal element to the record, and there's a very bright shiny element to it as well."